Thursday 24 May 2007

Fragrant Roast Lamb

1 x half leg of lamb (preferably from butchers) (or more just scale accordingly!)

Marinade:
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 tsp ground cardamon pods (the bits inside!)
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil (or as needed)

Make the marinade and make several slits in he lamb, rub into the slits and smear all over, leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours, roast to your liking (pref pink!!!)

"Was blinking gorgeous! The lamb was beautifully tender and didnt need any gravy or anything with it! Made it for mothers day 2007 and went down very well! Bought it from Natural Meats in Staines, was the best lamb I have ever eaten!



**Authors note on 6/12/07 - this has seriously become my favorite way of serving roast lamb and has been made this way at least 5 or so times since published!! Has been voted for boxing day lunch year already!!

However, what suprises me is when I desribe this recipe some people are like 'hmm doesnt sound my cup of tea' etc - but I pursuade you to try this method!! Even the 'dubious' and 'fussy' have been converted! Trust me - the marinade only boosts the meat and does not overtake, merely complements!**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10