Sunday 1 November 2009

Mini custard battered xmas pudding bites

Yes, you did read the title correctly!! Its a little different, however all the good for it!

Over on the UKFBA boards recently, a competition was posted to get creative in the kitchen with 'Matthew Walker' Christmas Puddings.

Now I am a real lover of Christmas pudding and so when my package of pud's arrived, also along with some horrible weather today, I decided to experiment! After drawing up a list of possible ideas, I put my apron on and got creative, and here is the results. I should say 'was' though as I've eaten them all!

Best served warm. I believe cream would be fabulous accompaniment but alas I have nothing remotely suitable, I suppose I will just have to make more, sigh ;-)

In a bowl, mix 4 tbsp plain flour, 2 tbsp birds custard powder, 1/2 tsp sugar, 6 tbsp milk, until mixed and creamy. Chop into 6 triangles a 100g 'The Pudding', lightly dust in a little flour. Now heat a deep fryer/ suitable pan with sunflower/ vegetable oil, until a cube of bread browns in about 30 seconds, dip the pudding chunks in the batter, coat thoroughly and carefully put into the hot fat, fry until lightly golden and drain on kitchen paper.

These make lovely, warm, fruity, slightly boozy little bites and I can see them becoming a regular treat this Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting recipe Anne, anything with custard in is fabulous!
    I haven't a clue what I am going to make with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a unique idea. I love a good christmas pudding too and I bet this would taste great. Certainly be a talking point at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne! Sounds absolutely divine! I´d never have thought of it-so creative of you!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i've just created a new website for UK food lovers, where you can share food recipes, food articles and food video's. I am looking for members to submit some content before the site goes live. I would be gratefull if you could have a look nd maybe help me out by submiting some articles or recipes.

    Thankyou
    Luke Williams
    (Faithful Foodie)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10