Saturday 28 June 2008

Crunchy courgettes with noodles

I haven't been shopping for a few days and am running low on fresh stuff so lunch was cupboard surprise today!



I must it did look marginally better than it tasted but with a bit more effort I think it could be much better!

I brought to the boil some chow mein noodles with a handful of frozen peas and sweetcorn, whilst that bubbled away I finely chopped a small courgette and marinaded it in a combination of sesame oil, dark soy sauce, black pepper, hot chilli sauce and a splash of rice wine vinegar and left to infuse. When the noodles were soft I drained and refreshed them in a little cold water, returned to the heat to evaporate any leftover moisture and added the courgette mix for a couple of minutes, tipped into a bowl and sprinkled over some lightly toasted sesame seeds.

Not bad for 5 minutes work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10