Wednesday 2 January 2008

Tuna Pasta Bake

Well finally after nigh on 3 years I realise I have never this published and well loved recipe!

Serves 3-4

Here goes!

1 tin tuna in brine (or spring water)
250g pasta shapes, I.e. fusili or penne
1 pint milk
50g flour
50g butter
S&P
2 handfuls of grated cheese, Mainly cheddar but a bit of parmesan always adds! (both optional!)
1 mug sweetcorn or 1 mug roughly of cooked broccoli

1) Add pasta to boiling water and cook as per instructions

2) Meanwhile, melt the butter and gently add the flour until you reach a smooth paste, then add milk, slowly but surely until all added, bring to the boil, simmer for about 3-4 minutes until thick and marginally gooey! Remove from heat, season and add 3/4 cheese and reserve

3) Drain pasta, add sauce and veg of choice , mix well and transfer to a heat proof dish, scatter over remaining cheese and grill till browned.

Welcome to carb heaven. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10