Rich and comforting winter food! Is very filling and a meal in itself!
1 large cauliflower head
1.5 pints stock, either chicken or veggie
s&p - lots of p!
2-3 bacon rashers, pref smoked
1 clove garlic
1 small onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp creme fraiche (not end of world if you dont have any!)
4 tbsp parmesan freshly grated
1) Remove the florets and put to one side, then dice the cauli stalks and inner leaves
2) Fry the diced onion in about the butter & olive oil for about 4 minutes
3) Then add the garlic, snip in the bacon and cook for about 3 more mins
4) Then add all the cauli stalks chopped up small and cook for 2 more mins
5) Add the stock and simmer for around 8-10 mins, then add rest of cauliflower florets for around 15-20 mins till softened, remove from heat and blitz in the pan or in a food processor. Season to taste and stir in 2/3 of the parmesan and a dollop of creme fraiche and serve!
once in the bowl, sprinkle over remaining parmesan as required!
Perfect with crispy croutons!