Serves 1 very hungry or 2 light suppers
1/2 tin (200g) good italian chopped tomatoes
70g lardons or bacon bits
1 tbsp chili olive oil
1 clove garlic
3 large closed cup mushrooms
100g linguine (About 1/4 of the pack)
1/2 glass dry red wine
Few leaves of fresh basil and oregano
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Freshly ground mixed peppercorns to taste (op)
Freshly shaved parmesan for serving
1) In a large saucepan bring water to boil for the pasta.
2) In the meantime, dice the shallot and garlic.
3) Slice the mushrooms.
4) In a non stick skillet heat the chili oil, add shallot for 2 mins, then add garlic.
5) Add pasta to the boiling water with a pinch of salt.
6) Add mushrooms to the skillet and stir well, leave for 2 mins.
7) Add the lardons, stir well and leave on medium heat for 5 mins.
8) Add wine to pan and reduce down.
9) Pour on chopped tomatoes and mix, leave to simmer.
10) Pasta should almost be ready, if so drain and toss with olive oil, keep warm.
11) Add herbs to skillet including ground peppers to taste, leave for one minute, then add to the hot pasta.
12) Shave / grate over the parmesan and serve!
10/10 yummy tummy!!