Saturday 19 March 2011

Chocolate and Cranberry Crunchies

I spotted these biscuits recently over at a great baking blog called Cake, Crumbs and Cooking, and after seeing that I had all the ingredients for once in the kitchen, I promptly made them the next morning!

The texture is halfway between a crunchy biscotti and flapjack, and despite thinking I’d made a hash of making them as I had melted butter seemingly everywhere, they came out very successful! I have a fan assisted oven, which normally likes to cinder-ise small bakes so I reduced the temperature to 150o and gave them exactly 16 minutes – they definitely didn’t need any longer!

They are crunchy, chocolatey and fruity, and just perfect for dunking in a good cuppa with falling apart (am currently hooked on new Kenco Millicano)! I used a combination of dark chocolate chips (though didn't manage to put 40g worth in...some might have been, erm gone missing..) and my favourite Craisins  (which are my favourite dried cranberries, as they are so plump and juicy!) though you can play around with the additions...I fancy trying white chocolate chips next time..


These biscuits were very popular and only hung around a short while, even with D who claims to dislike dried cranberries! I can see these being a very regular bake in our home!

You can find the recipe over at Cake, Crumbs and Cooking on this link

You can also see them over at Sweets for a Saturday along with a whole host of delicious sweet treats!




**Also my Hotel Chocolat Giveaway is still open - you have until 25th March to enter!**

7 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you made them so successfully and liked them too! Mine did seem to leak a bit of butter whilst the dough was cooling enough for me to add the choc chips, but as you say, they come out fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look and sound delicious Anne. I might have to give them ago myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look extremely scrummy - just right for making tomorrow I think! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious, Anne. Anything with chocolate chips gets the go ahead in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne, these really look delicious. I really like your blog and will be back often. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. C - thankyou again for the recipe, glad the 'leaky butter' appears to be normal!

    Purelyfood - do try! They are so crunchy and good!

    Sarah - hope you do make them, let me know what you think!

    Catherine - I'm with you there, if its got chocolate chips then its gotta be good!

    Mary - thankyou for visiting, hope to 'see' you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look heavenly, Anne! I made Chocolate Chip cookies not long ago but think I overdid them a little as they were pretty crisp(hence why they don´t appear on my blog!)Will have to give yours a try next time!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10