Sunday 14 December 2008

Eat-Me Gifts - Cherry topped Coconut shortbread

Currently my partner has been struck down with this nasty cold thats doing the rounds, already had my share so hoping not to re-catch it!

On Friday night I decided to keep out of his way and spend some quality time with the kitchen, to make some early Christmas biscuits. I took my favourite whipped shortbread recipe from my Baking Book, split the base mix and now have two new favourites!

Cherry topped Coconut shortbread

Makes 9

60g Plain flour
25g Unrefined icing sugar
75g butter
2 tbsp descicated coconut
2 glace cherries, diced up

1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 / 160 fan. Beat the icing sugar and butter until creamy and light

2) Beat in the flour and coconut, roll into walnut shell sized balls, place on a lined baking sheet, place a piece of cherry in the middle and flatten using the palm of your hand. These do spread out so allow room between them

3) Bake for approx 8 minutes or until they are just colouring at the bottom, allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray and transfer carefully to a wire rack.

These are lovely, melt in your mouth biscuits but very fragile so package carefully!



I've also entered these this month over at foodblogga.blogspot.com/2008/11/eat-christmas-cookies-season-2. and mykitchentreasures.blogspot.com/2008/11/home-made-christmas-gifts. where you can check out lots of other lovely looking treats this Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sending this to my event they loook really yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the book? I love shortbread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam

    'Baking', published by Star Fire Books (unfortunately is out of print and try as I might cannot find any copies as have several people trying to steal it off me! The ISBN is 1-84451-313-0)

    Tis an elusive but great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne your shortbread looks wonderful. I hope your partner feels better soon!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would be perfect for a cookie swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Anne I know this is years after but hoping you would see this,it's about the baking book by star fire that you mentioned that you own. I have the same and I love it. But i have a problem with the page 244. It's the toffee walnut Swiss roll recipe. Does your edition has the number of eggs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! sorry I had to dig out the book - I have checked and its missing the number of eggs too :(

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10