Sunday 21 December 2008

Bailey's Panna Cotta

As we all know, calories in December do not count. Or at least don't count them....

On Sunday, I had my brother and mum over, as well as me of course and the other half and we ate an early Christmas feast!

As my family and friends know well, desserts that come from my kitchen might not be on the lighter side - but they always taste great!

I decided to play around with dessert this year and took my previously made panna cotta's recipe, shifted them slightly and Baileys* panna cotta were born! These are not designed for those driving shortly after!!

*I didn't use actual Bailey's, these were made with Lidl's version called St Margot, however if I called them St Margot Panna cotta's you would most likely be bewildered, unless of course you often shop in Lidl's that is....!

Very easy
Makes 8 ramekins/ dariol moulds

160g caster sugar
420ml double cream
200ml milk
150ml cream liqueur
4 sheets gelatine or vegetarian equivalent

1) Place the gelatine in a bowl, cover with cold water and leave for 5 minutes or prepare as packet instructions

2) Meanwhile, gently bring to a boil the cream, milk, liqueur and sugar, until it feels smooth when stirring - do not boil, remove from heat when hot

3) Drain the gelatine, add to the cream mix, pour into mold's and chill for 4 hours or overnight.

**If made in dariol molds, please note they are feisty to get out but not impossible, garnish with chocolate flakes and a little chocolate sauce**

19 comments:

  1. There is something about Baileys (or St Margots ;) ) and Christmas that goes hand in hand. This panna cotta sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me again! How do you get that "Print this post" link at the bottom of the post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were lovely Jules, I have the last two tonight yey!!

    It is a piece of code to place on your template, from http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/05/how-to-print-your-blogger-posts.html (I think!) hope it helps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to second that, calories in December don't count, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic dessert! Excellent twist to traditional panna cotta, must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baileys so I'm sure I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Baileys and this looks so good!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all for your kind comments x

    I had saved one for a friend who loved the mocha version, previously made and now he is torn between which is his favourite!!

    They are seriously so quick and easy and gorgeously creamy with a nice little kick from the booze! Don't think it will be long before batch two! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you completely. No counting calories in December! Looks like a delicious dessert - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, delicious!
    Merry Christmas Anne, hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll second and third that...I love Baileys too and these sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a little bit of bailieys left from the chrostmas time.
    Should make these.
    To make the pannacotta plate up, i dipp them for few seconds in hot water so the sides loossen up a bit.
    The it is easy to plate it upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look yummy! I made some plain ones the other day with strawberry coulis but this sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous, absolutely gorgeous. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous....and so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is a great recipe. I found several recipes for baileys panna cotta online with wildly varying volumes of liquids, I decided to try yours. I made mine the day before so they had over 24hr to set but they did seem to be fully set after 6. They were the perfect consistency and I made a coffee caramel to go with them. Winning recipe. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for taking the time to comment - I am so glad you enjoyed them

    ReplyDelete
  18. The recipe sounds great and I would like to make it. Can someone who has made this please say what make and size of gelatine sheet they used (and bloom if necessary).
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pop a few raspberries in the bottom if the mould, then top with chocolate of your choice when set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10