Thursday 4 December 2008

Baked mushrooms with blue cheese

Okay, I seem to be getting slightly addicted to having blue cheese and mushrooms together but I just really love the combo! This was made using up leftover mushrooms from another dish so it can easily be increased, as needed! The other mushroom dish will follow shortly, once I upload the pictures!

I made this tonight as an informal starter as we had family around, which went alongside other lovely things, including some gorgeous extra special Camembert from ASDA, which comes in its own cute terracotta dish for baking and a huge vat of vegetable soup, which will follow shortly on a seperate posting.

I didn't get a chance to take a picture but I will be making again so will add a piccie then! I made and served this in a small a5 sized, shallow ceramic dish

Its such an easy, thrown it all in dish and great with warm bread or simply a fork ;-)

100g approx chestnut mushrooms
1/4 pack castelli blue cheese
1 tbsp sweet vermouth (Lidl's is fine for this)
1 pinch dried sage
1 tbsp approx olive oil
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper

1) Pre-heat oven if needed to about 160 fan/ 180 normal, quarter the mushrooms and place in the dish

2) Slice the cheese and scatter over the mushrooms, drizzle over the oil and vermouth, the dried sage and a weeny pinch of s&p, bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms just colouring

3 comments:

  1. Right up my street. I love blue cheese and mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a blue cheese lover and this is a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious, I love blue cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10