Sunday 18 January 2015

Meal Planning Monday

For once I am a little early with my weekly meal plan! The week ahead is choc a block - tomorrow I start a course in pain management, to help manage by body better, well hopefully anyway and a close relative is having some big medical treatment and to be entirely honest the whole meal plan is somewhat dependent on how kind or indeed awful the M25 and the A40 are to me this week!
 
Last week we stuck fairly well to the meal plan managing 4 nights out of 5, though Friday's planned Tuna got merely moved a day to Saturday as I was exhausted and we settled for easy option of my usual Chicken kebab wrap and chips! Was delicious but very naughty and not at all diet friendly! I spent two days calorie counting this week and was so traumatized I ate a dark chocolate reindeer leftover from Christmas to console myself! Going back to the seared Tuna dish - it was a Jamie Oliver recipe, and it was entirely delicious and a definite keeper!
 
Thursday's plan was a little subject to change - I had mackerel in mind and knew we had kale to eat, just wasn't entirely sure how best to combine them! In the end I made meatballs out of the mackerel, with a little added egg, breadcrumbs and parmesan to combine, then cooked up a pan of Orzo - it looks a little like rice but is actually pasta, and a has a lovely silky texture, with the kale thrown in at the end. I also made a rich cherry tomato sauce and served the meatballs atop of it all:


So on to this weeks plan - all super subject to the road conditions but at least having an idea will hopefully stop too many bad food choices!

Fish Goujons with mashed potatoes and broccoli
Sausages with roasted vegetables and couscous or polenta
Tuna Meatball and pea Risotto (Though possibly a cinema night!)
Cheese and mushroom omelette or Crustless pizza and salad
Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes

As always its in Mrs M's Linky:
 

1 comment:

  1. I do like the sound of the Tuna Meatball and pea Risotto.....Sounds like a great week of food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10