Monday 18 November 2013

Meal Planning Monday ...and why you should not drink bubbly before grocery shopping

Sorry for abstaining last week from the Meal Planning Monday, lots of days were 'up in the air' as we busy making dinner plans and my shift pattern involved lots of nights and late's - B is still at beginners stage in the kitchen and so I have to remember to buy easy things for him to cook for us but he is doing well, and coming home from a long day at work to find dinner cooked is always a nice treat!

We had some fabulous meals though - Slow roasted Lamb shoulder - Grown up 'spaghetti hoops' and a lush honey and almond cheesecake - recipes to follow!



Some wonderful news came through in the form of my December rota - I am off this Christmas! Its going to be lovely to spend time with my friends and family on Christmas day and now we are busy making foodie plans! My brother has talked about beef wellingtons for Boxing day but I've never made before neither has he - any tips?

So on to this weeks meal plan - going to be using a few things from the freezer - we only have two shelves so no hoarding here! We have lots of fresh veggies in the fridge too and I'm expecting a few deliveries of goodies midweek so it may well change as always!

Tonight's meal was chosen by B and it involves a reduced garlic pizza bread, rocket and chorizo . A lesson perhaps why you should not go round Sainsbury's on both empty stomach and after two glasses of Cava at a friends' house...on a positive note I bought two bottles of wine for Christmas! Managed to spend £26 which is a lot considering we only went in for chorizo....

Monday - garlic pizza bread, rocket and chorizo surprise

Tuesday - Daal from freezer, spicy cabbage and chickpea pancakes

Wednesday - Meatballs with spaghetti

Thursday - Honey and Soy Pork with stir fried veggies and noodles

Friday - Sun-dried tomato risotto with either lamb steaks or 

Weekend - possibly spending weekend with friends and family so leaving blank for now!

As always - my plan can be seen with lots of lovely other ones over at Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday


Have a great week everyone!
Anne
x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10