Saturday 21 November 2009

Tomato and buffalo mozzarella tart

Sorry for delay since last post, the month has flown by! I am undergoing, again, a job change and shortly starting at my new company so things have been a little manic! A further post will follow but I wanted to add this recipe which used some lush Buffalo Mozzarella I picked up at the recent Masterchef Live event in London, from Laverstoke Park. The mozzarella is a different beast from the cheap balls I normally get, its milky, salty and soft and melts beautifully.

Not an exact recipe as such as nothing measured but easy enough to follow! Its a lovely tart made using a sheet of puff pastry, then topped with sliced ripe organic tomatoes (best can get out of season!), 2 tubs buffalo mozzarella roughly sliced, freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves shredded, added both before and after cooking, also glazed with a mix of balsamic vinegar and evoo, about 30 mins in hot oven. Best served hot with a herby type salad.

4 comments:

  1. That looks lovely - sometimes the simplest recipes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely recipe, bet it tasted lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, that looks amazingly good. My mouth is watering! I had a bowl of soup for dinner and now realise I could do with something else. A slice of this would go down very nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tart Anne. Interesting to read you managed to buy some great mozzarella cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10