Friday 24 October 2008

Chocolate Custard Muffins

This morning I have to thank the lovely Nic over at http://cherrapeno.blogspot.com for posting recently the recipe from Dan Lepard for Chocolate Custard Muffins - the picture and description were hard to resist and I finally succumbed and made these yesterday, as we had family over for dinner and they went down VERY well!

I'm not sure whether to take this as a compliment or not but one guest actually asked (despite the fact they were still slightly warm and on a cooling rack) whether I had actually made them as they were so good, so good she had two! The proof however was definately all the bowls all the washing-up rack!

The only slight adjustments were a) I have fan oven so reduced to 160o and was spot on (for once!), b) I had run out of dark soft brown sugar so improvised with 60g molasses sugar mixed well with 40g golden caster sugar which seems to have worked very well!

Here is the link if you wish to enjoy them as much as us: http://cherrapeno.blogspot.com/2008/09/chocolate-custard-muffins.html

And here is the picture of my batch:


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, they do look good! All soft and chocolatey. They would be scrummy served hot with a good dollop of custard don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic - that's how we had them!! tesco are doing fresh custard half price at the moment, very handy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10