Friday 10 August 2007

Lemon Topping

Now I wasnt sure where to post this but guess 'desserts' kinda falls into the category...

I recently made the lemon cheesecake recipe from Margurite Patten, however after making I fancied topping it with something...what resulted was a lovely zangy topping which complimented the cheesecake perfectly:

2 lemons
4 tbsp caster sugar
1 sheet gelatine leaf

1) Firstly, zest both of the lemons into cm strips and reserve, then halve both lemons and juice, place the juice in a small saucepan with the sugar

2) Place the gelatine in a bowl with a little water and leave for 4-5 mins, then drain well

3) Heat the lemon juice, zest and sugar together and boil for about 2 minutes, allow to cool then stir in the drained gelatine, stir well until melted, cool a little longer then pour over the cheesecake, refrigerate and allow to set (about two hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10