Monday 9 March 2009

Fusilli with creamy pancetta & spinach sauce

This was our Sunday night supper, according to what was leftover in the fridge, pretty good haul this week!

Serves 2

200g good quality Fusilli pasta
150g pancetta, cubed
1 fat clove garlic
150ml approx 1/2 fat creme fraiche
120g fresh spinach
1 egg
Handful grated parmesan
Pinch sea salt
Freshly milled black pepper, as liked


Boil pasta as per instructions, about 1/2 way through the cooking time, heat a seperate pan to medium and fry the pancetta, once browned, slowly add the spinach, stirring frequently, mince the garlic and add (I used a coarse microplane and grated directly into the pan). When the spinach has wilted down, remove from heat. Beat the egg in a bowl, add creme fraiche and parmesan, season to taste and mix in really well.


Drain the pasta quickly so that it keeps hot and return to the pan (I have self draining lids on my saucepans), add the pancetta and spinach mixture, add the cream mix, stir well quickly with a wooden fork / spoon and place lid back on pan, allow to stand for 2 minutes before serving

7 comments:

  1. Anne, this pasta dish looks so yummy! I'mbook-marking this.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pasta and thislooks so yummy delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, spinach and pancetta are perfect match! I like you pasta, healthy and would not feel too heavy! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a fridge like that, all I've got is some wilting lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous pasta dish Anne.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne,

    Love the use of leftovers and random fridge finds to make something delicious! I wish I could be that creative with what I find in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10