Monday 17 December 2007

Slippery Slope to Butchery...

Following the recent cold snap I fancied something hot for tomorrow and comforting...have picked up a half shoulder of lamb (first time I have bought this cut!), which I spent the last 45 minutes with and my carving knife and one of my new steak knives! I now have a perfect pile of lamb cubes, all fat trimmed and ready to go in the slow cooker in the morning with some diced celery, onion and a bowl of pearl barley thats soaking overnight. Oh and did I mention the 7 cuts to my hands courtesy of my new steak knives?!!

Have recently seen a half-day butchery course which I am very tempted by but think I need to do some more practice first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10